It's one week until our Christmas party. We'll have a short meeting, Show and Tell, then the fun will begin. 2019 dues can be paid at this meeting and we have a new membership form for you to fill out. (no BOM, this will be a month for catching up!)
Where: Primitive Gatherings
When: Thursday, December 20th at 6:30 PM
What: Fun! Bring a snack to share, 3 FQs for the Fat Quarter Game and your Soup Bowl Cozy for the gift swap.
We're doing the Gift Swap a new way this year. Instead of "brown-bagging"; place your soup bowl cozy in an attractive gift bag or wrap it with wrapping paper.
At the November meeting, I was asked if 2 cozies were OK. My answer was, do whatever you want, but at least one! For the actual exchange, we're doing a Yankee Swap. I've done this several times, and it's always a lot of fun!
What is a Yankee Swap? Below are the rules.
1. Place all the gifts in one area where everyone can see them.
2. Put numbers in a hat for the number of people that are participating.
3. Everyone takes turns drawing a number until everybody has one. This determines the order of gift selection.
4. #1 picks a wrapped gift from the pile and opens it.
5. #2 has the option to A) take the opened gift from #1 or B) Pick a gift from the pile.
6. If #2 takes the gift from #1, then #1 picks again.
7. #3 has the option to A) take either of the previously opened gifts or B) Pick a new gift from the pile.
8. Whoever gets a gift taken from them must pick a new one, but does not have the option to swap.
9. This carries on down the line. Everyone has the option to take any gift that has already been opened, or take a chance on a new gift.
10. Here’s the kicker… Once all the gifts are opened, #1 has the option to swap with anyone else. Essentially getting to choose any gift she wants.